The Spokane Tribe of Indians knows the importance of preserving the culture of the past, but also focuses on a bright future. The Spokane Tribal Enterprises includes the development of STEP or Spokane Tribe Economic Development. The project is a proposed mixed-use development on 145 acres of Tribal trust land on the West Plains of Spokane County adjacent to the City of Airway Heights.
The Spokane Tribe is investing up to $400 million to develop STEP which will create a powerful economic engine for the region including:
• Estimated total of over 5,000 new jobs
• Estimated annual payroll of over $50 million
• Millions of dollars spent each year on local goods and services
• A major boost to regional tourism.
• Opportunity for the Spokane Tribe to become self sufficient and prosperous and solve critical issues such as unemployment rates over 50% on the Tribal reservation.
Elements of STEP
• Tribal Cultural Center
• Wellness Center
• First Class Casino Featuring Gaming, Entertainment and Dining
• A Resort Hotel with an Indoor Water Park for Family Fun
• A World Class Spa
• Convention and Conference Space
• Entertainment Venues for Local and Major Events
• Food Court
• A Lifestyle Retail Center with Shops and Restaurants
• Specialty and Major Tenant Retail Space
• Commercial Development
• A Police and Fire Station
• The Existing Spoko Fuel Station Including a New Arby’s Restaurant